PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
MAPLE LEAF SELF STORAGE, (“MLSS”) is committed to
The Privacy Officer MLSS
300-100 Park Royal
West Vancouver, BC
You may also contact us by telephone at 604-926-9500 to request a copy.
How we collect, use and disclose personal information
We ask you for only the information that we need for our legitimate business purposes and only for the purposes we have identified to you. We use personal information in order to establish your identity, protect you and us from fraud or error, and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Our files are maintained for the purpose of achieving our legitimate business objectives and to meet statutory, common law and other regulatory requirements. We will never sell the personal information you have provided to us and we will not offer the personal information supplied to a third party unless we have first obtained your consent.
We will obtain your permission
We collect, use or disclose your personal information for specified purposes with your permission. Your permission may be expressed in writing, or be implied through your providing information to us for a particular purpose, and you may give it to us verbally, electronically, or through an authorized representative.
You may withdraw your permission to collect, use and disclose your personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
We will only share your information with other companies or entities, when necessary, to provide services or products that you have requested or where we are obligated by law to provide it.
Before sharing your information, we will ensure that agreements are in place to ensure all information is kept secure and confidential and that you have been notified of the disclosure and the purpose for the disclosure.
Safeguarding of personal information
We use a variety of security measures such as restricting employee access as appropriate, using locked filing cabinets, secure premises and employing electronic security measures or systems. Access to your personal information is restricted to those employees, agents and authorized parties who need it to do their jobs and to provide the services that you have requested or agreed to.
We have developed and continue to develop and enhance further security procedures to safeguard and protect personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use or modification.
We will limit how long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information for only as long as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
When we destroy your personal information, we will use appropriate safeguards to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information during the process.
Your right to access your personal information
You have the right to ask whether we hold any information about you and to see that information, as provided by law. You also have the right to know how we collected your personal information, how we are using it and to whom it may have been disclosed.
If you believe the information we have collected about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to change it.
You also have the right to request at any time deletion of some or all of the personal information we have collected, subject to the understanding that it may not be possible to completely delete residual information because of back-ups, and that such deletion may influence our ability to provide services to you.
How to make an access request or register a complaint
You may make an access request or register a privacy complaint by contacting MLSS’ Privacy Officer. We will explain the complaint procedure to you and investigate all complaints. If a complaint is justified, we will take appropriate steps to correct the situation, including changing our policies and practices if necessary.
MLSS’ Privacy Code Principals
- MLSS is accountable and responsible for personal information under its control. MLSS has designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for MLSS’ compliance with this Policy.
- Identifying Purposes. The purpose for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the information is collected.
- The prior knowledge and permission of the individual are both required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except for legal and security reasons.
- Limiting Collection. The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
- MLSS will ensure that the personal information it is using or disclosing is as accurate as possible.
- Safeguarding Information. Personal information will be protected by safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- MLSS will make readily available to you specific information about our policies and procedures relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access. Upon request, unless prevented by law, we will provide you with information regarding your personal information under MLSS’ control.
- Individuals can address any complaint regarding compliance with the above principles with our Privacy Officer.
For more information contact, please contact the Privacy Officer MLSS at [email protected].